Anchovy toast is a great snack for students, busy people or just indolent.
- 2 tins of anchovies (14 pcs.)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 big red pepper, chopped
- 1/8 tsp. mustard powder
- 1 tbsp. chopped onions
- 2 tbsp. capers
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- Mix the anchovies, garlic, mustard, onions, and capers and mash it.
- Turn into a mixing bowl and add olive oil into the mixture.
- Slice loaf of Italian bread lengthwise.
- Spread anchovy mixture on top of one slice of bread.
- Lay slices of red pepper over anchovy mixture.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Top with second slice of bread.
- Wrap in foil, preheated an oven to 400°F/200°C and bake for 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve.