Caesar Salad Sandwich
Caesar salad sandwich is a light and a tasty sandwich.
It is great for family picnics or summer light foods if desired
- 6 medium hard rolls (preferably whole grain)
- 3 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup fat-free Caesar salad dressing
- 1/3 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts cut into strips
about 3 inches long
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- Set the oven on broil.
- Cut each roll in half and scoop out the dough to form
a pocket in one side of the bread.
- Mix the lettuce, dressing, and cheese in a bowl.
- Place the chicken strips on a broiler pan and brush with the olive oil.
- Broil the strips of chicken for a total of about 7 minutes, turning once.
- Add the chicken to the salad and pile the mixture into the bread pocket.
- Top with the other half of bread and serve.