Spare Ribs in Barbecue Sauce
Spare ribs in barbecue sauce are a tasty, rich and appetizing recipe.
It can be great with puree or rice on side.
- 2 pounds lean pork ribs
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 3 tbsp. vinegar
- 1 can tomato sauce - (8 oz)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 cup water
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Paprika to taste
- Dry mustard to taste
- Preheat oven to 325°F/175°C degrees.
- Trim excess fat from ribs.
- Rub with a mixture of pepper, paprika, and dry mustard.
- Cut into 6 serving portions and place in a baking pan.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and pour off fat.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and pour over the ribs.
- Cover and let stand 15 minutes.
- Return ribs to 350°F/185°C degree oven and bake, covered, for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove cover, baste, and bake for an additional 1/2 hour.
- Spoon off excess fat before serving.