A turkey sandwich is a filling and a tasty sandwich.
It is so simple and easy to make, and yet it is a whole meal.
Wrap it and take it to work, picnics, or school.
- 8 slices whole-grain or millet bread
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
or 8 spinach leaves
- 8 ounces thinly-sliced skinless roast turkey breast
- 4 thin slices red onion
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 8 large basil leaves (optional)
- Spread 4 bread slices with mayonnaise.
- Lay the lettuce leaves on the mayonnaise coat.
- Place the turkey breasts on the lettuce leaves.
- Top with tomato, onion and basil, if desired.
- Top with remaining bread slices.
- You can eat it right away after preparation,
or wait for a couple of hours until the turkey will mix
with the rest of the ingredients, and then,
the taste will be divine.