Bacon in Beans and Tomatoes
Bacon in beans and tomatoes is a tasty and warming recipe for the cold days near the fireplace.
The best would be to serve it with green salad on the side to complete the vegetarian part of the meal.
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut to quarters
- 1 pound green beans, cut to pieces
- 20 bacon stripes (1 inch each)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- Preheat a large skillet and cook the bacon until it becomes crispy.
- Add the onions and cook for another 5-6 minutes.
- Add beans, broth, and pepper. Stir until it mixed well.
- After it boils, reduce heat to low and simmer 40 minutes until beans are tender.
- Add tomatoes, increase the heat and cook 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.