Eggs Salad Sandwich
Eggs salad sandwich is a filling and a tasty sandwich.
It can be a wonderful main dish for a quiet family dinner.
- 2 large hard-cooked eggs cooled under
- 1 tbsp. fat-free sour cream
- 2 tsp. sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 slices reduced-fat whole-wheat bread
- Paprika for garnish (optional)
- Cut each egg in half. Carefully remove the yolks. Discard one yolk.
- In a small bowl, mash the remaining egg yolk.
- Add the sour cream, pickle relish, mayonnaise, mustard, and salt (if desired).
- Stir to mix well. Stir in the celery.
- Chop the egg whites and stir them into the yolk mixture.
- Spread the mixture on each slice of bread.
- Serve as open-faced sandwiches.
If desired, garnish with a light sprinkling of paprika.