Apple pancakes are a yummy snack and a great way to open the day.
- 2 cups low-fat biscuit/baking mix
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tart apple, peeled and grated
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, sweetener, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg substitute, milk and vanilla.
- Stir into dry ingredients. Fold in apple.
- Pour mixture by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot skillet coated with cooking spray.
- Turn when bubbles form on top.
- Cook until second side is golden brown.