Baked turkey is a great recipe for the cold days of winter.
There are many people who eat it with a lot of bread.
They have to dip the bread in the sauce. They just can't help it.
Please, diabetic people, stay away from this bread!
- 2 tbsp. butter , melted
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups turkey, chopped
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. celery salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. water
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp. ground sage
- Add the flour to the melted butter and stir until well blended.
- Cook one minute.
- Add the milk and cook, stir until boiling.
Let sauce cool.
- Add chopped turkey, egg yolk, salt and celery salt.
- Form into twelve small cones.
Mix bread crumbs with ground sage.
- Beat egg in water. Roll cones in crumbs.
- Dip each cone in egg and roll again in crumbs.
- Place on greased baking pan and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake at 350°F/180°C for 40 minutes.