- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp. fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh basil, minced
- 2 tsp. lemon peel
- 1 fennel bulb
- 2 Belgian endives, halved lengthwise
- 1 small zucchini,
cut diagonally into 2 inch slices
- 1 small red onion,
cut into 6 slices, 2 inch thick
- salt and pepper
- Mash the garlic, rosemary, basil, lemon peel, salt and pepper,
the vinegar and olive oil in a blender until smooth.
- Set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling water, parboil the fennel for 5 minutes.
- Drain. Place all the vegetables in a glass dish.
- Cover with the marinade and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Prepare an outside grill with an oiled rack set 4 inches above the heat source.
- On a gas grill, set the heat to high.
- Add the vegetables to an oiled, wired-hinged vegetable basket.
- Grill, turning constantly, for 15-20 minutes until the vegetables are slightly charred.