Roast turkey is a simple and a tasty recipe.
It is a very popular dish in holidays, celebrations and special events.
- 1 whole turkey - (10 lbs)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 7 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the turkey from its wrapping, and remove all the items from its internal cavity.
- Rinse the inside with water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Season the cavity with the salt, pepper, and garlic by rubbing these items into the internal wall of the cavity.
- Add the rosemary, thyme, and oregano to the internal cavity.
Rub the olive oil over the outer skin of the turkey.
- Place the turkey in a roasting pan in the oven.
- After 15 minutes, lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Continue to cook until the turkey reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees, about 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- When the turkey is done, let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.