Roast turkey is a simple and a tasty recipe.
It is a very popular dish in holidays, celebrations and special events.
- 1 whole turkey - (10 lbs)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 7 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the turkey from its wrapping, and remove all the items from its internal cavity.
- Rinse the inside with water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Season the cavity with the salt, pepper, and garlic by rubbing these items into the internal wall of the cavity.
- Add the rosemary, thyme, and oregano to the internal cavity.
Rub the olive oil over the outer skin of the turkey.
- Place the turkey in a roasting pan in the oven.
- After 15 minutes, lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Continue to cook until the turkey reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees, about 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- When the turkey is done, let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.